I'm still waiting to see the forthcoming report on Australia's renewable energy future from the Australian Academy of Science. In the meantime, I came across this series of lectures, which the report will presumably be based on.
The series includes lectures on :
* The contribution of renewables in Australia’s future energy mix
* Tidal energy
* Wind Energy: How it works and where is it going?
* Solar thermal concentrators: Capturing the sun for large scale power generation and energy export
* Bioenergy options for Australia
* Fuel cells: A real option for base load electricity
* Geothermal energy
* Wave energy: The industry now and in the future
* Solar photovoltaics: Power source for the future?
* A low carbon economy based on renewable energy: The only way to go